Thursday 3 March 2016

11. Supra pubic catheter Part one million!!

I'd like to start by wishing you a happy March. Can you believe it's officially Spring already? It doesn't feel like we've had a Winter this year - we haven't had any snow anyway. It's been a mild one and before you know it, it will be Summer. Should the first letter of a season be a capital letter? I don't know. I'll be honest, I couldn't really give a shit.  Anyway, I've got air conditioning installed in my flat now, so bring it on, hot weather, I'm ready for you. 

So the catheter. It's still giving me aggravation! It'll be seven weeks since I've had the operation on Saturday and the problem I'm having isn't the actual catheter itself now, that seems to be settling down finally, but the actual site is infected AGAIN and it keeps happening. 

I've just started another course of antibiotics. That's the third lot I've been since the operation. And that doesn't include the one's they gave me when I went back into hospital with an infection and they didn't let me take the rest of the course home and finish it because they were concerned I was building up an immunity to - wait for it - antibiotics!

The doctor is obviously aware of this because I've been prescribed some different pills. I've never heard of these ones. They're called Ciprofloxacin and they're strong ones. I cannot have dairy products up to two hours prior to taking it, or two hours after. The same goes for any medicine for the digestive system. Not even Gaviscon or the probiotic milkshakes I have with my breakfast. 

I am hoping that once the infection has cleared up, there'll  be no looking back, but I'm not counting my chickens just yet...

Regards,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment